Have you lost your android phone or had it stolen? Don’t worry , there are plenty of ways you can locate your device. But in this post we will discuss the best way to find stolen or lost android phone. As you can see there are plenty of apps available in the playstore , as well as there are number of websites also, which claim of finding your lost android phone, but the truth is only few of them are able to do that, because it is quite hard to find the stolen or lost Android phone if you don’t know the right way. Android mobile can be tracked with apps and without apps as well.
Method to Find Stolen or Lost Android phone
Android Device Manager
It’s the official tool from Google to track your android phones and tablets by signing in to Android Device Manager website. Many devices come with this feature enabled out of the box, but you’ll want to double check to make sure you’re secure. The best thing about it is that you don’t need to install an app to be able to track your devices. But you can also install it on your phone from google playstore, if you want, its your choice. Once you log in using your Google account Id which you used to setup your device, you will be able to track and locate it.
Features of Android Device Manager
- Locate: As soon as you load ADM, the service will try to locate your most recently used device. You can use the menu to change between registered devices.
- Ring: This is a great feature if you have misplaced your phone in your home or somewhere near you. This will force your phone to ring for five minutes at full volume, even if your phone is set to silent, or until you press the power button.
- Lock: Using this option will force the lockscreen to lock, even if the device is in use. You can create a new password to unlock the device, meaning that even if someone else has access to your passwords, they still wouldn’t be able to bypass the lockscreen. You can even leave a customized message that will be displayed on the lockscreen.
- Erase: Commonly known as the “nuclear” option. This will securely erase all data on your device. This should only be done as a last resort if you do not believe you will be able to retrieve your phone. As always, the best advice is to make sure you do regular backups of your phone, so if you do need to go this route, it won’t be quite as devastating.
- Your device has access to the internet.
- Your device is connected with your Google account.
- Allowed Android Device Manager (ADM) to locate your device (turned on by default). This can changed in the Google Settings app.
- Allowed ADM to lock your device and erase its data (turned off by default).
See Also:Set Empty Status on Whatsapp (older version)
Step by Step procedure to Find Stolen or Lost Android Phone
- Download the Android Device Manager app from Google Play.
- Make sure that Device Manager is enabled as a device administrator.Now, go to Settings>Security>Device administrators, then hit the check box to grant Android Device Manager access to your device.
- Now from your computer visit google.com/android/devicemanager, then sign in to your Google account associated with your Android phone.
- You will be directly able to see all your active devices.
- Click on your lost android phone and you will be able to see its location however Google also says location given on map is close to the accurate location. The device must be nearby somewhere.
- You can perform 3 actions from this website : Ring, lock your phone remotely and erase its data.
- It’s Google app settings, which allow Lock and Erase for Android Device Manager. By default it is turn off. To enable this go to Settings->Google->Security->Allow remote lock and erase.
Note: If you face any difficulty in setting android device manager than feel free to ask your doubt. We will help you to find stolen or lost android phone. You can share our post, like our Facebook page to appreciate our work.